This details an OpenMediaVault configuration where an SMB share was created and Time Machine support was enabled for it. There was a need to limit the size of the Time Machine backups so that it does not consume all available space, and to do that you use the filesystem quotas:
- In OpenMediaVault navigate to Storage->File Systems
- Select the device that has the Time Machine shared folder
- Click the Quota button at the top.
- Note – without any quotas set, Used Capacity for users will show zero even if data is already there.
- Set a quota value for the user associated with Time Machine.
- Click the grey save button
- Click the blue save button
- Apply changes
- If you click the Quota button again, you can verify that Used Capacity is populating for that user (if data is already in the shared folder).