I could not find a reliable procedure for performing a factory reset / restore on these devices, so I have put one together. The official procedure from Asus did not work for me.
This has been tested specifically with the MeMo Pad 8 Model K011 (ME181C), but it should also work for the MeMo Pad 7 (ME176C).
Here are the steps:
- Power off the tablet
- Press and hold the volume up button. While holding it down, press and hold the power button.
- Release both when you see the Asus logo appear.
- The tablet should then boot into the Droidboot interface (shown below).
- Scroll down and execute Recovery.
- The tablet should then reboot into the recovery screen that has the robot tipped over with the message No Command (shown below).
- Now press and hold the volume down key. While still holding it, press and release the volume up key. You can now release the volume down key.
- You should then be presented with the Android system recovery options that will allow you to do a factory reset.
- It takes a while so be patient. Once done simply choose the option for Reboot system now.